Sunday, April 03, 2011

Let's talk about comics

New blog new direction and what a better way to celebrate then setting some artwork free.The blog will be taking a new turn, where pretty much anything goes.
Somewhere in 2002-3 I had an idea for a comic, a Frankenstein tale set in a Metropolis world. It was about a boy that had his heart stolen by an evil witch. He had to claim his self back from the owner of his heart. A quest troubled by the fact that he was in love with her (coz she was the owner of his heart, literally, har har)I did many takes on that idea, a couple of shorts and a load of illus. Then I put it on the back burner.

In 2004 after meeting up with Rick Spears on the internets, I pitched him a couple of things for his publishing company Gigantic, a couple of different pitches but nothing really stick. He knew of my "Frankenstein" story and offered to write it for me. So "Valentine" was created.

A project halted and never completed, mainly because of Pirates of Coney Island (the irony). I will revisit this story at some point and take it from the top, but that not something that's going to happen soon.
So here it is, the 2004 version of my Freak-estein story in its 80 paged unfinished glory. I still have an extra 10-15 pages somewhere that I will update the PDF with eventually.

->Click this to get the PDF<-



9 comments:

  1. Rick is one of my favorite writers. I'd so buy this. I'd force all my loved ones and enemies to buy it, too. You and Rick together would be like vikings and heavy metal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fucking awesome wonderful execution

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ursulamz! what up homiee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So rad! Stoked to find some new stuffs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm curious to know more about what happened with Pirates. I was with you guys from the start (2008?) and those books seriously changed my view on comics. I'm still riding on that high but hoping someday the series is finished.

    You're the man though! superdooper hard core comic man. Rad.

    (PS I'm that lame screenwriting/film chick who made those POCI youtube movie thingy. Yeah, I'm still a fan ... : P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whadddupp Mads, any new movies?

      Delete
  6. Hey man! Well, yeah, we did issues 1-3, they're somewhere on the youtubes. But then we all had to go to college and haven't been able to reunite (lame).

    However, I'm stoked about Last Call 2! w00t! I work at Jim Hanley's Universe on West 34th and Last Call is my staff pick. I'm hustlin' that book like nobody's business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A-heeeellz yea. I like that store

      Delete

WAT U WAN